Thursday 28 October 2010

Nothing New

Intertextuality actually seems pretty awesome to be honest. Especially for me considering I've been looking out for these kinds of things ever since I got interested in Films.

The planet of the apes reference is a fantastic example of intertextuality as it has been reproduced in so much media. Another reference to Simpson's...

The classic 'Planet of the Apes: Musical' Starring Troy McClure! (Somehow I always relate something I hear back to the Simpson's)
...I had that song in my head for the rest of the day as well...

The Simpsons is a good example of using intertextuality as well as most episodes feature some kind of joke or pun that requires knowledge of media to understand.
Case-in-point:
However this can go too far when used as every pun or joke (I'm looking at you Family Guy...)

I also have a fascination for 'The Rock Drill' (which I studied twice for both my Art GCSE and A-Level) because of it's use of raw shape in unique ways. I'd never thought of it like Geiger's Alien however!

No comments:

Post a Comment