Sunday 12 December 2010

The Circle of Life

Globalisation of Culture and the Relationship Between Japanese and American Tradition

I was glad to see Totoro in the lecture because it's one of my favourite anime from my childhood. As a child I grew up on a mixture of eastern and western animation with Disney classics like 'the lion king' (which itself is mostly taken from 'kimba the white lion') and Miyazaki classics like 'Laputa'. This makes me appreciate the differences in the eastern and western animations due to my childhood affection toward both. While Anime tends to become more farfetched and zany, Disney was always centered around a key protagonist who goes on some sort of adventure.


'Andre and Wally B' was revolutionary as it was the first 3D film to incorporate motion blur. It also made extensive use of particle systems for the environment and shape deformation for the fluidity of characters movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment