Tuesday 16 November 2010

A Brief History of the New

Approaches to New Media

As a self-professed Geek I would like to express my excitement for the sequel to Tron. Lightcycles, Jeff Bridges, Daft Punk, Lights. What more could you want?


I'm glad my dad showed me the original Tron when I was younger as it helped me to fully appreciate the visual effects of films since then. I'm hoping that the new film will be just as revolutionary to the current audience.


Another classic sci-fi film that is getting a form of addition to the series is 'The Thing'. The prequel is going to be released in 2011. John Carpenter seems to be unhappy with the studio behind the prequel as he thinks that they are merely cashing in on the originals popularity. However they have stated that it won't be a CGI-fest and that it will use mostly physical effects just like the original. (yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment